[ColorOS Know How] What is QR Code? How it Works??

View:13055    Reply:36 | Posted at 8-1-2020 16:13:38 | Display all floors |   Copy
This post was edited by GowthamMadeswaran at 8-1-2020 17:34
My Dear ColorOS Friends,
How is the Josh?
     Good Things are going to Materialize for ColorOS Fans.

QR..PNG

It's Super Excited and Immense Joy to meet you all with my New review.
Today, I am going to make an appearance with the Gripping and Enthralling Topic that going to astound you.

What is QR Code? How do they Work??

It is Enrapture to see you all again with my New thread. I am getting utterly enlivened whenever I am getting ready to link up with you all. Once again, I need to inform you all that, I need everyone here to create this space more interactive by adding your thoughts, give your feedbacks, comments, views about this topic.
I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to catch you all in comment section.

What is QR Code?

QR-code-5aa2da31c0647100371f3b83.gif

Today, Smartphone plays a significant role in people daily lives. According to previous research, it is found that the mobile activated space maintains steady growth. There are a lot of activities in mobile space, such as social networking and shopping, therefore, the identification and payment methods are created. What kind of thing can be replacing as an identity to visit a virtual store by their smart phone If consumers shopping online!

Interesting Facts!
--> People in Japan, Korea who are using QR Codes scanning to visit Internet Accounts for 96%.

thumbnail-guide-document-qr-code.png

QR code is abbreviated as Quick Response code which is the type of Matrix Barcode. QR stands for Quick Response. First designed in 1994 for the automotive industries in Japan, QR codes have since perpetuated into every industry and are used all over the world by consumers. It has started gaining a lot of popularity with consumers since scanning QR codes does not require an app.

collection-steps-use-qr-code_23-2147594030.jpg

Quick Response Code (QR Code) as a new identity is used in the world, it looks like a small box which includes a random series of black and white pixels. Even though QR Code is a tiny symbol, a website address, specifications of products or personal information can be included in this symbol. A QR code is a 2-D barcode that can be digitally read by smartphones.

qrcdr-responsive-qr-code-generator.gif

Interesting Facts!
--> QR Code is used in advertisements to guide people to visit their websites in business world.

QR codes contain information just like barcodes. They can be used to make a call, send a message or email, or even open a website. The QR Code is often used on newspapers, magazines,  journals, websites, advertisement, and advertisement board to store websites addresses, content information and miscellaneous data.

qr-code_animated.gif

The camera app in both version of Android is capable of scanning QR codes natively. AQR code is a 2-D barcode that can be digitally read by smartphones. QR codes contain information just like barcodes. They can be used to make a call, send a message or email, or even open a website.. The camera app in both version of Android is capable of scanning QR codes natively.

Interesting Facts!
--> QR Code becomes an official tool that is utilized in governments and companies.

1__-19GFfvVGW-wqveyW79MA.gif

How Does a Smartphone or Scanner interpret a Barcode/QR Code?

Each barcode is interpreted similarly and yet also slightly differently as well. Barcodes also happen to be less complex that QR Codes. Barcodes can use scanners, whereas QR Codes require something else i.e smartphones, computer, game machines). Most commonly used barcode as of recent especially with mobile phones. Has various numbers of functions: linking to websites, send SMS functions, etc.

Interesting Facts!
--> The world's largest QR Code is created by Hackerspace and painted on the top of their company's building in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2010.

1.PNG

For all commonly used barcodes, each has a no or quiet zone, Each one varies.
In general, these must not be covered or the scan of the barcodes will not work. For QR Codes, there are no zones as well as a quiet zone. With Codes 39 or 128, they have a quiet zone surrounding it.

Interesting Facts!
Barcode -  a code consisting of a group of printed and variously patterned bars and spaces and sometimes numerals that is designed to be scanned and read into computer memory and that contains information (as identification) about the object it labels.

2.PNG

Certain applications on a smart phone /portable gaming device can scan QR codes (i.e ZXing on Android).
Instead of bouncing off an image via light, QR Codes are interpreted from a picture skipping the light wave process.
Interpretation of the code is that excluding the no zones, each black module is a 1 bit and a white one is a 0 bit.

Interesting Facts!
QR Code -  a matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by QR scanners, mobile phones with a camera, and smartphones.

3.PNG

Variety of QR Codes

There are also different versions (currently up to 40). These are determined by a numeral in a chart, followed by an error correction level.
By following the two, the version number is reached.

4.PNG

Error Correction is the one that allows QR code to revamp its basics.
This allows other images to be placed into the code without any issues.

5.PNG

Interesting Facts!
Scanner – a device that interpret different imagery, in this case: barcodes.

Benefits of QR Code

Increased Users

An Increase in traffic to mobile web site of Eye-catching image attracts more customers.
Code scanning ratio dramatically rises, to the extent that is developed.

Brand Building

Designed QRmakes it possible to facilitate brand development and awareness by enabling the design of a corporate logo and symbol image into standard QR codes.  
In addition, differentiated QR (Quick Response) code makes it possible to get the jump-up in brand value.

qr-code-concept.jpg

Ease of Understanding

Customers get the idea of encoded contents and the contents on your website before scanning it.
That is, customers viewing just the 2D bacode have the potencial to understand or guess the content of your website before they even scan the design QR code.

Strengthening and Mushrooming

It is an amazing mobile marketing tool for both increasing traffic to your site and brand building. The eye-catching image in a QR code attracts more customers'eyes. It actually draws much more traffic to mobile site. It is an ideal salespromotion tool for mobile marketing. Open the mobile Internet world with designQR codes!

creative_qr_code_concepts.jpg

Interesting Facts!
2005, Airlines implement QR Codes as a part of boarding passes.
2008, Mobile phones implement usage of the QR Code.

QR Codes usage in Social Media

Users can scan your code with their mobile device and be delivered straight to a specific page. Sparq Code a mobile engagement company, released a (PDF) in Q1 2010 showing a great deal of usage statistics with their individual codes. The statistics showed that the iPhone took up the majority of the download share with 33.3%, but both Android and Blackberry devices were close behind with 28.7% and 20.3% respectively.  

OPPO_GCash_Scan_To_Pay_Partnership.jpg

QR codes storing addresses and URLs may appear in magazines, on signs, on buses, on business cards, or on almost any object about which users might want information. Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader application can scan the image of the QR code to display text, contact information, connect to a wireless network, or open a web page in the telephone's browser. This act of linking from physical world objects is termed as hard linking or obect hyperlinking.

download (3).png

QR codes also may be linked to a location to track where a code has been scanned. Either the application that scans the QR code retrieves the geo information by using GPS and cell tower triangulation or the URL encoded in the QR code itself is associated with a location. In 2008, a Japanese stonemason announced plans to engrave QR codes on gravestones, allowing visitors to view information about the deceased, and family members to keep track of visits

download.png

Interesting Facts!
--> In China, QR Code is used on the train tickets the names of passengers and relevant information are also included in this QR Code.

QR-Code-1024x1024.jpg

Augmented Reality on Vitrual Stores

QR codes are used in some augmented reality systems todetermine the positions of objects in 3-dimensional space. QR Codes arealso being used to deliver Augmented Reality experiences. By scanning a QRCode, smartphone users can able to capture everyday objects in 3D and placethem in their surroundings via their camera. IKEA's Place App, Puma's NYCflagship store and Lego toys have used QR Codes to deliver AR resulting in abetter consumer experience.

11.PNG

QR codes have been used to establish "virtual stores", where a gallery of product information and QR codes is presented to the customer, e.g. on a train station wall. The customers scan the QR codes, and the products are delivered to their homes. This use started in South Korea, and Argentina, but is currently expanding globally. Walmart, Procter & Gamble and Woolworths have already adopted the Virtual Store concept.

12.PNG

Interesting Facts!
--> Psychologist Richard Wiseman was one of the first authors to include QR codes in a book, in Paranormality: Why We See What Isn't There (2011).

By scanning a QR Code, smartphone users can able to capture everyday objects in 3D and place them in their surroundings via their camera, Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader application can scan the image of the QR code to display text, contact information, connect to a wireless network, or open a web page in the telephone's browser.

13.PNG

Either the application that scans the QR code retrieves the geo information by using GPS and cell tower triangulation or the URL encoded in the QR code itself is associated with a location.
The QR Code is often used on newspapers, magazines,journals, websites, advertisement, and advertisement board to store websites addresses, content information and miscellaneous data.

So, thats all for now my dear Folks. I am willing to catch you all again with my quick thread soon.
Thanks for your Time for reading my Thread. Hope I used your time for a worth read.

Kindly do post your thoughts, views as comment in comment section below. I am Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed to catch you all.

If you like this post, do Follow me on ColorOS Community @GowthamMadeswaran for these kind of interesting pieces. Also share your love towards this post by sharing candies to me.

Have a Great Day Guys!..
Gowtham M
UID

Trial Volunteer

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 28-1-2020 10:47:51 | Display all floors
informative
Posted at 28-1-2020 13:05:44 | Display all floors
Gowtham M
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 28-1-2020 13:49:56 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
I upgrade new version software on oppo f9 Nd now my finger print is not working in this software plzz help

Comments

VishalVerma: Your feedback is appreciated. But please provide your feedback in the feedback section, that will help to resolve the issue much faster.  Posted at 4-2-2020 21:59
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 28-1-2020 15:34:17 FromA37fMobile phone | Display all floors
Mera coloros kam nahi kar raha hai

Comments

VishalVerma: What happened? Please mention the problem you are facing?  Posted at 15-2-2020 19:02
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 28-1-2020 16:30:40 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
Update

Comments

VishalVerma: Please mention your device model name and your location.  Posted at 15-2-2020 19:02
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 28-1-2020 23:17:34 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 29-1-2020 19:09:34 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
opopA5s update

Comments

VishalVerma: We have received the requirements and sent them to the R&D team. So far there is no updated information for this model for now. We will continue to provide you with security patch upgrades  Posted at 15-2-2020 19:02
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 30-1-2020 12:32:38 FromCPH1831Mobile phone | Display all floors
CPH1831
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 30-1-2020 19:48:58 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
OppoA5s update

Comments

VishalVerma: We have received the requirements and sent them to the R&D team. So far there is no updated information for this model for now. We will continue to provide you with security patch upgrades  Posted at 15-2-2020 19:03
1234>
Return to list

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top