UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy

Beta 5.0

「ColorOS Expert Advice」TIPS FOR MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY

View:270    Reply:0 | Posted at 29-6-2020 00:56:49 | Display all floors | Copy
Good day ColorOS fans!

IMG_20200629_001544_612.jpg

How are you all doing? I hope that all of you are doing well today. I am here to share you a brand-new article about macro photography.
Personally, this is one of my favorite type of photography and has been doing it for years now (though, I cannot recover the photos I took before lol) and also one of the hardest (for me) because it needs to focus on a certain object.
Anyway, let’s get started with this by first defining “What is Macro Photography”?

IMG_20200628_235604_131.jpg

Macro photograpy, in its technical definition is also known as close-up photography, is the photography of small objects. A macro lens is a lens that offers a magnification of either 1:1, (1x) or sometimes only 1:2 reproduction.
    In another definition, macro photography, is where the subject of the photograph is usually very small in real life, or is a very small detail of a larger object. The final photo you print is normally larger than life-size.
Based on the given definitions, macro photography is taking a close-up photo of a certain subject/object, may it be a thing, an animal or anything around you. These subjects includes flowers, insects, jewelry or any inanimate objects  In some cases, photographers also use some special tools or techniques in order for them to capture a good macro photo.
There are so many ways on how you can take one, either by using your mobile phone or either by using a DSLR in where a macro shot will depend on the level of magnification.
Let me now go ahead and discuss some tips and techniques in doing so.

1.        Get a good macro lens

IMG_20200628_235559_656.jpg

Using our mobile phones, I know that we can take good macro photos already by zooming in a certain object or even by focusing on a small object to make it look larger. But key thing is, you can also buy a good macro lens for your phone, in that way it will be much easier to do so. Bonus tips I got from a website, is that if you plan on shooting flat objects such as coins and stamps is you can use a “flat-field” macro lens to ensure edge-to-edge sharpness.

2.        Choose a suitable subject

IMG_20200628_235558_352.jpg

Choosing a subject will always be the hardest part of taking a macro shot. Why? It’s because not all things will be good when taken so close. There are also some objects that cannot be recognized when viewed close up or without context, meaning when they look at the photo, the audience cannot easily recognize what the object is, which will result for them not being able to appreciate the work. But in some cases, if the photo is aesthetically pleasing, it will be qualified as a suitable subject.
Common objects used in macro photography includes small insects, butterflies, flowers, rain drops, jewelries. Household items and other inanimate objects are easily photographed because they are not moving, but animate objects might be hard to do so.

3.        Customize your background

IMG_20200628_235556_741.jpg

Having a good background is also a key to deliver an aesthetically beautiful macro photo, given with that we have total control of the lighting, positioning and even the background. All you just need to do is to place the subject in the background of your choice by making sure that it will compliment with each other. Keeping it minimal is also a good choice.
4.        Create better lighting

IMG_20200628_235554_063.jpg

An important component in any kind of photography is the lighting, and with that macro photographers can benefit a lot with it. Aside from using the light to improve shots and to make it more aesthetic, light can also be used to support exposure settings.

5.        Be Patient

IMG_20200628_235552_220.jpg

In any form of photography, it is always rewarding to have a good shot and it does exclude macro photography. There are just so many things to remember to achieve a professional macro shot, but practice will make it a habit. Just take time to practice on how to take a macro shot, one time you’ll be shocked that you’re so good at it already!

Those are some of the tips that I can share with you for now, but we should all remember that “practice makes it perfect”, so if you want to try macro photography and become a professional in it, make it a habit to practice. It is never easy starting, but it is always rewarding at the end.
So that’s it for now. Feel free to share your own works below, and I’m very open for any new tips that you can add from above.
Lastly, I would want to thank @Amit_T  for always guiding us and giving us ideas as to what article we can create to share with you guys. Have a blast everyone!
Note: References will be provided to give proper credits

References:
•        Adorama
•        Photoklnnexion

Thanks Everyone

You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2021 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top