UID

Administrator

Candy

Admin

[ColorOS Event] International Women in Engineering Day (2/2)

View:4694    Reply:26 | Posted at 25-6-2020 10:50:11 | Display all floors | Copy
Hi FANs,

We are delighted to see your encouragement on our last article

In continuation we have interviewed our HQ team women engineers as well to know their opinions.

4. Jun - Senior Application Engineer

Jun-750-300.jpg

When did you join OPPO? What's your career planning? Why do you choose this career?
Jun: I have been interested in electronic products since I was very young, and I am a digital enthusiast. I bought a variety of mobile phones when I was a teenager. Later, under the recommendation of relatives at home, I chose the major of telecommunications engineering. I have been working in OPPO for 5 years. Now i am working for the development of ColorOS 5, 6, 7.

As a woman, how do you feel working in OPPO?
Jun: My work requires me to communicate with different people such as designers and product managers, and I have learned many effective communication skills. I think the current working status is very good. I love my work. It is necessary to be responsible for my work.

Have you ever get care especially for women in OPPO?
Jun: I used to be the only girl in a department which has more than 140 members. In my current department, there are more girls in the department. Previously, male will be given priority during the recruitment, but now it is slightly better. Because of the work pressure, sometimes women engineers will lack time to take care of their family.
OPPO has some special employee benefits for female employees. For example, some gifts will be sent on Girls’ Day, and in the office, we have a mother and child room, which is extra care for female employees with children.

What's the difficulty you have faced working as a female engineer. How did you get over them?
Jun: I think the most important thing for your career is to enrich yourself, learn more about new skills and technology, and find ways to keep up with new technologies.
I don't care much about other people's opinion. The reason why some people feel that as a female engineer we will encounter many obstacles, is that actually the obstacle they set themselves. I think anyone who wants to make progress are aggressive to make more achievements inside. Both men and women will encounter difficulties at work, the important thing is that as long as you want to overcome, there is always a way.

Please leave a message for girls who also want to be an engineer like you.
Jun: For young people, it's more important to make sure you are making steady progress every day. Do not be anxious about the current situation. If you want to go further in your career, you can't just focus on the work at hand. Try to learn more from the senior members in your team, but please be alert with your dependence.
If you want to make progress in your career, you need to have a clear plan for it, don't be radical, don't compare yourself with others, and make sure you are making a little progress every day.

Nothing is beyond your reach as long as you wish

5. Daisy - System Engineer

Jun-750-300.jpg

When do you join OPPO? What's your career planning? Why do you choose this career?
Daisy: I joined OPPO in July 2019 as a system engineer. The reason why I chose to be an engineer is because I am good at engineering majors. Because OPPO is mature in communication protocol technology, so joined OPPO. Currently I'm engaged in Bluetooth related development.

As a woman, how do you feel working in OPPO?
Daisy: The work of engineers itself is hardly related with gender. When we are getting assignment of work, there is no difference between male and female. it's more depended on personality, analytical thinking and time management. I didn't experience gender stereotype issue during my work, everyone is equal here.  

What's the difficulty you have faced working as a female engineer. How did you get over them?
Daisy: In fact, I encounter more situation of women stereotype during daily life rather than during my work. Usually young generation won't look through female engineers with colored glasses, but the elder generation believe that female engineers are nerdier than other women. But in fact we have the same habit as other girls, like im a fan of many pop stars and tv programs.

As a woman, how do you think of gender stereotype?
Daisy: It is hoped that society will treat women and men equally as long as there is no special treatment for women. It is hoped that the rights of men and women will be equal, and men should also take care of the family. The impression from traditional society that girls should focus more on family is wrong.

Please leave a message for girls who also want to be an engineer like you.
Daisy: I'm optimistic about the prospects of my career and industry. After all, during this era with big change of technology, there will be more and more good chances for telecommunication engineers. But it's also up to your interest and personality, so make sure you are really clear what you are going to get and lose in this career. If you have determined to join us, remember to improve your professional ability as much as you can.

Be yourself, gender stereotype will go itself

UID

Creators Team Editor

Candy

Gold ideaHalloweenValentines DayBeta 5.0Alpha 5.0

Posted at 25-6-2020 12:35:42 | Display all floors
Once a wise man said " WOMAN HAS A CAPABILITY OF DOING 2X WORK THAN MAN"
And you guys are proving it.❤️

Always Be Self-Motivated✌
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 25-6-2020 12:58:45 FromCPH1969Mobile phone | Display all floors
oppo f11 pro update
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 25-6-2020 13:03:38 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
I need new version OPPO A9 2020
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 25-6-2020 13:12:13 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
Oppo Reno 2z Italy?

Comments

Tazimkingkhan: I need new version  Posted at 4 dayBefore
Tazimkingkhan: I need version  Posted at 4 dayBefore
MassaVs: Non c'è lo vogliono proprio dare...  Posted at 26-6-2020 17:28
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 25-6-2020 13:21:24 FromCPH1979Mobile phone | Display all floors
OPPO RENO Z COLOR OS 7 TRIAL PLEASE
UID

Lv9.Diamond

Candy

Beta 5.0For MasterFor the masterFor God

Posted at 25-6-2020 15:23:33 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
UID

Lv9.Diamond

Candy

Beta 5.0For MasterFor the masterFor God

Posted at 25-6-2020 15:23:47 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 25-6-2020 15:42:31 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
OppoA5 Türkiye güncelleme ne zaman gelecek teşekkür ederim
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 25-6-2020 19:55:11 FromCPH1809Mobile phone | Display all floors
oppo A5 device colorOS 6 update please
123>
Return to list
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top