UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy

「 ColorOS Know How 」 FLATLAYS WENT AESTHETIC!

View:424    Reply:3 | Posted at 9-7-2020 12:58:35 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by devyani_99 at 9-7-2020 13:54

Hey ColorOS Fans!  

20200707_132750_0000.png

How you all doing? Hope everyone is safe and staying home! So, we all know that this lockdown has given flatlays a new boost, and so the aesthetic  flatlays  are in trend!

Keeping the same in my mind! I Devyani will be presenting my first article on the topic“Flatlays went Aesthetic”.  Without any further delay, lets start with the thread!

The thread will be covering following topics:

• What exactly aesthetic  flatlay mean?
  • Lighting for the flatlay
  • Color scheme to look aesthetic
  • Background  
  • Selection of Props
  • Shooting and Editing

But..But..

Before starting with the article do you know what exactly a flatlay is? Read the next line!  

A Flatlay is a composition of carefully selected items, arranged on a flat surface and shot directly from above.

Okay so know continue with the article!  

AESTHETIC FLATLAY

Aesthetic is  all about dealing with the art of nature,beauty and taste,with the creation and appreciation of beauty and brings this science to a flatlay makes your flatlay all aesthetic!

LRM_EXPORT_20200707_112619-01-02.jpeg

“Aesthetic Flatlay”

EXPLORE

If you are confused and don't know where to start from then explore the web,instagram,pinterest and get inspired! Also  know your style and add on your creativity rather than copying the same!  

LIGHTING FOR THE FLATLAY

Lighting plays an important role! Not only in flatlay photography  but yes in every kind of photography. I personally useNATURAL LIGHT,as no artificial light can provide you the glow which nautral light do!

For making your flatlay look aesthetic  go for the early morning light,which is perfect-neither too harsh neither too soft  at the same time! Scoot a table up to the brightest window in your house! Make sure there is nothing causing shadows, as they can work against you!  

LRM_EXPORT_20200707_135338-01 (1).jpeg

“A Flatlay shot in Natural Light”

TIP: Also sometimes  you can go for golden hour; the golden light turns your flatlay magical and aesthetic at the same time!

COLOR SCHEME TO LOOK AESTHETIC

Color scheme catch the eye of the audience and so a important part ! Before starting  off, the color scheme should be in your mind. Sometimes some colors complement each other while some does not!  Choose a color scheme that keep aesthetic on point!

LRM_EXPORT_20200706_163952-01-01 (1).jpeg

“A Flatlay with Brown, Beige color palette”

gabrielle-henderson-O-Kp-EQZkuo-unsplash.jpg

“A Flatlay with pink,grey and white color palette”

Go for a color palette which complement each other, such as Brown.Beige,Red or Pink,Grey,White and so!  

BACKGROUND  

A clean,simple background is best to make your flatlay pop up! As we are talking about aesthetic flatlays, so try using bedsheets,satin cloth or even a plain paper! Choose a background which compliments your props! Test different backgrounds until you find something you like! Also avoid the picture looking cluttered, give the contents of your flatlay some breathing space. Also if you are preparing for a minimal yet aesthetic flatlay trying keeping your background plain and as simple as it could be!  

LRM_EXPORT_20200622_111124-01-01-01-01.jpeg

“A minimal yet aesthetic flatlay with a plain background”  

SELECTION OF PROPS

Choose your props wisely! Keeping in mind about your color palette. If you are going with the Brown, Red, Beige palette then remember to choose props of these colors only!  

TIP: Adding a human element such as hands, legs make your flatlay look more aesthetic!  

LRM_EXPORT_20200704_135445-01-01.jpeg

“Flatlay including human element”

Here is a list of some go to props:

• Cups and Mugs
  • Office supplies
  • Faux flowers, ribbons
  • Old Books& Magazines
  • Candles& Jewellery
  • Dry leaves, flowers
  • Vintage post cards, Old camera
  • Cutting boards, wooden floors

And many more to go! Keep experimenting!

You can even use props from scratch! Just like in the picture below I had used my dad's jeans as a prop and turned down the flatlay aesthetic  by adding some bougainvillea flowers! Simple? Yet so beautiful !  

LRM_EXPORT_20200707_115000-01-01.jpeg

“A Flatlay shot using my Dad's jeans”

SHOOTING AND EDITING

Make sure your flatlay  look flat! For which you need to hold your camera directly above the middle of your flatlay setup so you can get the bird eye view. Stand on a chair/stool to get higher as creating distance between you and the flatlay will help you fit everything into the shot!  

TIP:Turn on the grid lines for better understanding.

While you are shooting, don't be afraid to move your items and props around, and again, trying changing different angles,make sure to get creative! Also remember No Flash!

Try telling a story, as flatlay is a wonderful tool for storytelling! Keep a theme in your mind, and ensure that tha props, background go well with the theme and all are aligned to tell a specific story.

Editing is a game changer! Edit the picture according to your color scheme. For the aesthetic look, keep the brightness and highlights slightly low down the saturation, also never forget to add the grains! Not too much, just a little!  

Hola! And you are done with it! Flatlays are so much fun to create, style and shoot!  

I just hope that the article has helped you out! If it does do let me know. Thankyou @Amit_T for helping me out with the article.

Until next time, Signing off,

Devyani

Stay home, Stay safe!

Harshit

UID

Internship Moderator

Candy

Gold ideaCommunity moderatorBeta 5.0

Posted at 12-7-2020 16:57:13 FromCPH1881Mobile phone | Display all floors
Hi

Harshit

UID

Internship Moderator

Candy

Posted at 12-7-2020 16:57:29 FromCPH1881Mobile phone | Display all floors
Nice Thread!

Comments

devyani_99: Thank you ❤️  Posted at 12-7-2020 22:52

Harshit

UID

Internship Moderator

Candy

Posted at 12-7-2020 16:58:34 FromCPH1881Mobile phone | Display all floors
Would you be like a internship photography creator?

Comments

Harshit2004: Ok,I will also look on you  Posted at 14-7-2020 10:16
devyani_99: For a time being you are under me,as you are new. As your articles get evaluated! Amit said he will add in the group.  Posted at 13-7-2020 08:42
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top