UID

Photo Club Member

Candy

Beta 5.0

「ColorOS Skills」Mobile Photography World Final Chapter

View:165    Reply:0 | Posted at 24-7-2020 00:49:42 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by Zaki1203 at 24-7-2020 01:20
My life is shaped by the urgent need to wander and observe, and my camera is my passport

— Steve McCurry

Hello, ColorOS Superfans,

How are you doing folks ?

Whatsups guys I'm back with another cool article with the same energy and passion as previous article

I hope so you all are fine an doing great in your life.

Today i am here with an amazing Photography Topic which is on"Mobile Photography World Final Chapter"

By the way if you haven't seen my previous article then have alook Click Here

Topic 7. Apertures & DOF

Today Its Final Chapter of Mobile Photography World Series thread.In this article will have alook on Aperture & DOF.Lets don't further waste time & get started.

1. Aperture

oppo-find-x2-and-find-x2-pro-cams-1500x1000.jpg
(Creator-Google)

In simple words aperture controls light or in other words is the opening at the front of the lens to allow light to pass through.Mostly Aperture comes in different sizes depending on the phone.You know Aperture is measured in F-Stops or F-numbers E.G F2.2

Shallow-Depth-of-Field.jpg
(Creator-Google)

Aperture also controls Depth of Field as well and Aperture cannot be changed unlike on a camera.

2. Pupil

Your Pupil will change depending on the light available.If we need more light,the pupil opens to allow more light so we can see.You know too much light and the pupil becomes smaller to restrict light.

Example

eye-dilation.jpg
(Creator-Google)

DILUTE

miosis-or-pinpoint-pupil-image-credit-lucashawranke-2018-february-11th.jpg
(Creator-Google)

CONSTRICTED

3. Fixed Apertures

One of Smartphones limitations,but can be overcome with knowledge

photo_2020-06-16_16-41-27.jpg
(Creator-Google)

1. In phone we cannot change the aperture setting

2. Different Phone lenses will have different aperture

3. This can make achieving DOF tricky but is still possible.

4. Aperture F-Stops

oppo-find-x2-pro-gadgetmatch-20200321-17-560x600.jpg
(Creator-Google)

The thing to remember with F-stops is that the higher the number,the smaller the opening on the lens.

1. Apertures are expressed as F.Numbers or F-stops e.g.f1.4,f.2.2 etc.

2. The lower the F-Stop,the wider the aperture is,meaning more light.

3. A lower F-Stop also means we get a shallow Depth of Field.

5. What does The 'F' Stand For ?

The F in f-stop stands for focal,as in the focal length of the lens.An f-stop is calculated by the focal length of the lens divided by iris opening of the aperture.For example,if you have a50mm lens,with an f/2 aperture.divide 50mm/2 =25mm.This 25mm is the actual size of the aperture opening.

6. How to achieve Depth of Field

3kZ3hc2YMB6LXiPohtyfKa-1200-80.jpg
(Creator-Google)

1. The Aperture

2. Focal Length

3. Camera To Subject Distance

4. Subject To Background Distance

7. Deep DOF

1baeb480a915593150f5d85010c48403.jpg
(Creator-Google)

A deep depth of field has a sharpness throughout the entire photgraph whch extends from the foreground to the background.Everything looks sharp and crisp.This is used often in Landscapes.

8. Shallow DOF

CODERED_B1_shallowdepth-P2A_690x455.jpg.img.jpg
(Creator-Google)

A Shallow depth of field has a blurred out of focus background and foreground.DOF extends about 1/3RD in front of the subject and 2/3RDS behind the subject.

9. Plane Of Focus

photo_2020-07-24_00-04-04.jpg
(Creator-Google)

In simple words The plane of focus is the distance from the camera at which the sharpest focus is attained or in other words it is where we chose to focus in a photo.Depth of field will extend from this point.

10. Changing Focus

photo_2020-07-24_00-16-31.jpg
(Creator-Google)

Aperture controls the depth of field in scene.It doesn't determine focus.We still must still select where the in photo where we want to focus.Depth of field extends from this point.

Tips to achieve DOF

vincent-van-zalinge-38358-unsplash-990x556.jpg
(Creator-Google)

1. Get closer

2. Zoom in using optical zoom

3. Use telephone lenses

4. Change where you focus

5. Move your subject away from the background.

6. Apps can recreate DOF effect

NOTE:- YOU KNOW THE F-STOP RANGE FOR OUR EYES IS F2-F8.3

Guys,Today we Ended Final Chapter of Mobile Photography Series thread i hope you guys like it,soon will bring more series like this.

Comment below your thoughts and do criticism, constructive or destructive everything but do Comment your reviews

Let me wrap my lap and come back super duper soon with a new article for you, Thank you.

Hoping our users loved this article please show me your love towards me by sending me candies.

Guys I'm running out of ideas for article so please comment down on which topic you want next article to be on.

Stay tuned to Forum for more useful tips.

Do Follow Apka Apna @Zaki1203 for more ColorOS article..!

If you will Follow me on instagram_Zaki_Photography for some interesting photos.

Once Again Thanks for your continuous love towards ColorOS

Awesome article is coming,Stay tuned for that till then see you,Have a good day,bye
       SHUKRAAN ALVIDA MASALAMAA TAKE CARE AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT MY LOVELY FANS

Signing Off
~ Zaki Arif Ali
     (ColorOS Photo Club)

END

Zaki
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top