UID

Creators Team Member

Candy

「ColorOS Fantasy」 Oppo Enco Free: My Detailed Review

View:834    Reply:1 | Posted at 2-8-2020 10:59:11 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by BhaveshP at 2-8-2020 11:01

Hello ColorOS SuperFans,

INTRODUCTION

In my previous article 「ColorOS Fantasy」 Unboxing Experience Of Oppo Enco Free, I have described my quick unboxing experience of Oppo Enco Free earbuds.

1.jpg

In this article, I'm describing my review & usage experience of Oppo Enco Free white coloured earphones after using it for a week.

PART 1: HARDWARE

THE CASE

2.jpg

It is small, easily fits in the palm of hand. You can also carry it easily in the the coin pocket of your jeans.

3.jpg

5.jpg

The finish of the case is matt finished which I like instead of glossy.

There is an indicator LED on the case which shows its battery status. There is an Oppo branding strip on the front. On one side, there is a button which can be used to pair with other devices like laptop.

6.jpg

There’s also a USB-C port at the bottom for charging. It’s great to see companies are making the change to USB-C nowadays.

THE EARBUDS

8.jpg

4.jpg

They latch inside the case. They are attached magnetically and are stay fully charged while inside the case. So whenever you take them out they are with 100% battery and ready to use. The design is simple and a fit in my ear perfectly. By default the are fitted with small sized silicon caps. I did not change them as the fitting was good. The material is "liquid silicone rubber" and it's soft. Unfortunately they attract ear wax easily.

7.jpg

The magnets holds the the buds snugly inside the case and they don't fall off when the case is held upside down. also when the case is closed there is no rating. This shows how good the build quality is.

9.jpg

PART 2: SOFTWARE AND PAIRING

Oppo website says that they pair automatically when you open the case near the phone but that didn't happen with Oppo Reno 3 Pro. I had to pair them manually by going into the Bluetooth settings. Once paired, they are detected automatically next time. In the settings, you can change the double tap function of each earbud. There is an option to update the firmware of the earbuds.

settings (1).jpg

settings (2).jpg

settings (3).jpg

settings (4).jpg

I only use gestures to turn the volume up or down. Double tap to pause/play is also useful. The music pauses when you remove the earbud out of your ear. Rest of the gestures are not very useful for me.

settings (5).jpg

settings (6).jpg

PART 3: AUDIO QUALITY

I used them for watching movies on my laptop and for listening music while going for outdoor run. In both of these scenarios, they performed really well. There is no active noise cancellation. You can say that the bass is somewhat weak but otherwise speech and other musical instruments sound clearly. Unfortunately they do not support LDAC Hi-Res audio. They work on AAC Bluetooth codec.

PART 4: BATTERY LIFE

I have watched full movie of 3 hour without completely draining its battery. There is no need to worry about charging as the case charges them automatically. The case has a USB-C port so you don't need to you take an extra charger or cable.

FINAL VERDICT

PROS
• Perfect design comfortable wearing
• Audio is crisp and clear
• Good battery life
• Easy to connect
• Noise cancellation in voice calling
• Gesture controls

CONS
• Bass is somewhat lower
• No LDAC codec support
• Price is somewhat higher compared to similar offering of other brands. But lower priced headphones lack som of the features also. And if you want lower priced true wireless earphones, you can buy Oppo Enco W31 which are very good earphones also at half the price of Enco Free.

Thanks for reading my article, Follow me on @BhaveshP

UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 4-8-2020 14:47:54 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2021 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top