UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy

「 ColorOS Know How 」"AUTUMN VINTAGE TONES"

View:4075    Reply:2 | Posted at 12-8-2020 19:31:02 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by devyani_99 at 13-8-2020 11:52

Hey ColorOSFans!
20200813_114606_0000.png

Hey Folks! How are you all doing? Today I am back with yet another amazing article! But this time it's a tutorial! Yes you heard it right! I will be telling you how to get that perfect “Autumn Vintage types tones” with the help of Abode Lightroom only! So Let's just get started!

Also incase you don't have the Lightroom app, you can easily get it on Play store/Appstore on even in Pc!

I will be editing the following picture. The picture is as simple as it could be; justdried leaves on an empty path with lush green trees! Also the picture is shoton Oppo F7.
IMG_20200728_211952_540.jpg
"The picture i will be editing"
STEP 1: Crop and Straighten your Picture!

Okay the very first step is to crop your picture in a ratio of 4:5 or 5:4 because that's best suitable if you wish to upload the picture on social media! Also don't forget to straighten(if required)!

crop.png
"Cropping the image in ration of 4:5"
STEP 2: Adjust the Exposure,Contrast,Highlights,Shadows,Whites and Blacks!
As we are into autumn-vintage tones so we need to adjust it accordingly! As you know vintage type of pictures usually does not have high exposure so we need to keep the exposure a little less, neither the highlights should be more! So for this particular picture I adjust the settings as follow:
EXPOSURE:-0.73EV
CONTRAST:-23
HIGHLIGHTS:-62
SHADOWS:-30
WHITES: -65
BLACKS: -68
Exposure.png
STEP 3: Playing with Curves!
What basically this tool do? All it does is that the upper part adjust highlights while the lower one is for shadows! Okay so as you can see I have lift up the shadows and lift down the highlights, also I didn't use any other curve tool ,as I don't want to add the colour, use them only when you wish to add the colour to your picture!
curve.png

STEP 4:Adjusting Temp,Tint,Vibrance and saturation!
Before starting with this particular tool, set your mind how you want your picture to look! As I know I need the autumn kind of tones so what I did is:
TEMP: 12
TINT: 6
VIBRANCE:-6
SATURATION:-14
temp.png
Okay so after this let's do the colour toning by clicking on “MIX” option is right side, believe me this particular thing can change the whole picture! Also,  colour toning is for adjusting the colours ina particular picture! You can easily adjust the Hue,saturation and Luminance ofthe colours present in your picture!

There are 8 colours in this, let's start with the first one!

RED: We want red colour in our picture but not that much, so keeping the same in mindthe settings are:
HUE: 0
SATURATION:-25
LUMINANCE:20
red.png
ORANGE: Alot of orange is seen in the picture, and we definitely want orange in the picture! So the settings are:
HUE: -6
SATURATION:20
LUMINANCE:20
orange.png
YELLOW: As little of yellow is seen in the picture, and we want yellow to get that autumn effect done right so the settings are:
HUE: -37
SATURATION:-20
LUMINANCE: 15
yeelow.png
GREEN: As,you can see the picture has a lot of green in it and we don't want too much of greenery in our picture, so I let the settings to be:
HUE: -20
SATURATION:-45
LUMINANCE: -24

green.png
AQUA: I don't want this particular colour to be shown in the picture, so the settings are:
SATURATION:-25
LUMINANCE: -16
aqua.png
BLUE: The settings for blue are:
HUE: -40
SATURATION:-30
LUMINANCE: -20
blue.png
VIOLET AND PINK: As there are no traces of these particular two colours so the settings are:
SATURATION:0
LUMINANCE:0
puple.png
pink.png
While doing colour toning, keep the colors of the picture in your mind, do it accordingly, as in the picture green and yellow plays a major role, so adjust according to that!
STEP 5: Adjusting the Texture, Clarity, Dehaze and Vignette
I have increased the texture, clarity ; set them to TEXTURE: 10, CLARITY: 14! Also Iincreases the Dehaze to 46; this particular tool is for increasing or decreasing the haze amount in the picture! Also, as the tones are all about autumn-vintage tones, how can we forget to add the Vignette! So:
VIGNETTE:-20
texture.png
STEP 6: SPLIT TONE
One of my favourite! I love using this tool a lot! The tool provide us with tinting the highlights and shadows! And yes it can change the whole picture in seconds!
Okay so for Highlights it's:
HUE: 48
SATURATION:42
For Shadows:
HUE: 43
SATURATION:9
BALANCE TO 24
split.png
Could you see how split toning change the whole vibe of the picture?

Okay so done! You are all done with the editing in easy six steps! And here is before-after of the picture!

IMG_20200728_211952_540.jpg
BEFORE

IMG_20200728_211952_540 (1).jpg
AFTER

Also, I would like to share one more picture I edited with the same settings!
IMG20200811163114 (1).jpg
BEFORE

IMG20200811163114.jpg
AFTER

I just hope the article helps you all in anyway! If it does do let me know in the comments! Also feedbacks are welcome! Also thankyou @Amit_T  for guiding me so generously with the article writing!
Signingoff! Until next time with yet another amazing article!
Devyani

Send candies

Participants 1Candy +10 Collapse Reasons
SAIPAVAN + 10 Rich and willful!

View all candies sent

Your profile picture is blocked
UID

Banned to Post

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 17-9-2020 22:07:29 FromCPH1877Mobile phone | Display all floors
Hint: The author is prohibited or deleted and the content are automatically blocked
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 23-9-2020 07:08:11 FromCPH1937Mobile phone | Display all floors
Nice collection
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top