UID

Creators Team Member

Candy

「ColorOS Fantasy」 My Experience With Payment Protection Feature

View:9661    Reply:4 | Posted at 13-8-2020 11:54:22 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by BhaveshP at 13-8-2020 12:09

Hello ColorOS SuperFans,

INTRODUCTION

In this article, I am describing my experience of security in ColorOS 7. It's a short article and a casual session about the philosophy and the ideas behind ColorOS 7 software. Privacy has been a widely talked issue especially in the past few months. Protecting our data from stealing is mostly in our own hands but whatever’s left, ColorOS will take care.

pp.jpg

It happened one day when I was charging my phone with my laptop connected via USB cable. Then I needed to use the Paytm application. When I opened Paytm, it showed the following dialogue box: USB data transfer has been allowed and there exists a environmental risk. I did not encountered this error anytime before so I decided to investigate further.

ss (0).jpg

I found out that this is a "Payment Protection" feature built into ColorOS.

WHAT IS PAYMENT PROTECTION?

Whenever we are using payment application, we are usually worried about the insecure payment environment and resulting financial loss. ColorOS Payment Protection feature will perform security check on the system, network and applications to ensure the security of every payment you make. For the payments to be secure on online payment methods like Google pay, online net banking, Paytm etc, a safe payment environment is required. For this, all sets of spying apps should be blocked for the time one is making payments, and making sure nobody is tracing your highly confidential OTPs and PIN numbers.

HOW TO SET UP PAYMENT PROTECTION?

Well, you can't set payment protection! It is already set up in Settings > Privacy > Payment Protection.

ss (1).jpg

ss (2).jpg

It is also available from the Phone Manager app main page.

ss (1a).jpg

If you go to Settings > Privacy > Payment Protection, you will see that there are no payment threats and environment is secure. Also there is a list of apps guarded by payment protection and a link to download more apps.

ss (3).jpg

ss (3a).jpg

HOW IT WORKS?

If you press you details, you can see that it checks whether device is rooted, USB data transfer enabled or not and malicious apps are found or not. This will show how everything is marked safe and it will let you know if something isn’t safe.

ss (4).jpg

If any of the feature is compromised, you will see a warning and you can view problem details. In my case, USB data transfer was enabled. There is an option alongside to change it to charge only.

ss (4a).jpg

After that I again opened Paytm and you can see the green icon with the wording "secure environment" in the status bar. Now I can do transactions without any worries! When you enter any payment app, whether it is Google Pay or Paytm or PhonePe, everything will be protected and you can confirm that when a green “$” symbol appears in the notification panel.

ss (8).jpg
CONCLUSION

Sometimes we forget this little changes that we made that are insecure for our transactions. ColorOS Privacy Protection feature reminds us of this and helps us protect our finance app and their data. I also liked how this feature works in the background automatically and without anything needed to be set up by us.

Thanks for reading my article, Follow me on @BhaveshP

UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 29-9-2020 02:29:06 FromCPH1701Mobile phone | Display all floors
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 29-9-2020 09:52:54 FromCPH2015Mobile phone | Display all floors
Oppo a31 Android 10 update
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 3-10-2020 19:34:20 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
Oppo a5s update worst
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 11-10-2020 12:36:05 FromA37fwMobile phone | Display all floors
Wow that's nice update

Comments

BhaveshP: Thanks for reading!  Posted at 12-10-2020 06:28
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top