UID

Creators Team Member

Candy

「ColorOS Know How」 How To Change ColorOS System Font: Part 2

View:5039    Reply:1 | Posted at 20-8-2020 18:03:06 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by BhaveshP at 20-8-2020 18:07

Hello ColorOS SuperFans,

INTRODUCTION

0.jpg

In my previous article 「ColorOS Know How」 How To Change ColorOS System Font: Part 1, I showed how to use Theme Store app to download & apply various fonts. In this article, I'll be showing you how you can use any font of your choice as a system font. This method will look complicated at the first glance, but stay with me as I have created step-by-step walkthrough.

I have created a YouTube video titled "Tutorial On How To Change ColorOS System Font - NO ROOT (In Hindi)". Please watch it here.

STEP 1

Copy .ttf font file to your phone memory.

1.jpg

You can download some of the best fonts in a zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cht67vgyqo5a32/Fonts.zip?dl=0

STEP 2

Go to Setting > Language & Region and change your region from India to Myanmar. After changing region, the timezone may change but you can change it later.

2.jpg

STEP 3

Download & install zFont application from the Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgngoe.zfont&hl=en_IN

STEP 4

Go to File Manager and open the font which you have transferred. It'll automatically open in zFont application showing its preview.

3.jpg

STEP 5

Press the SET button.

Select "Oppo & Realme" option.

4.jpg

In the install method, select "Support Dai Characters" option.

5.jpg

After that, the application will ask you to install the font so do it.

6.jpg

7.jpg

In the next dialogue box, tap "Change Font".

8.jpg

It will open Settings > Display & Brightness page. From here, toggle on the "Support Dai Characters" option. This will apply the installed font system wide.

9.jpg

10.jpg

See here the new font "Google Sans" in the Messages app.

11.jpg

Afterwards if you want to install another font, the method will be same. Just toggle off the "Support Dai Character" and toggle it on.

HOW TO REMOVE THE FONT?

In the Setting > App list, you can uninstall the font you have installed.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Change back the region from Myanmar to India. You will get your default font back.

WHY TO CHANGE SYSTEM FONT?

There are some problems associated with Oppo Sans font. For example, the similar looking characters like Q, 0, O, 0 and I, l, 1 look similar. So if you have problems differentiating them, you can install another font with high legibility.

EXAMPLES

I am showing some examples of the fonts I have installed and tried. You can see that the shape of these characters are distinct & easy to differentiate.

Adobe Clean font

adobe clean1.jpg

adobe clean2.jpg

adobe clean3.jpg

San Francisco (SF Pro) font

sf pro1.jpg

sf pro2.jpg

sf pro3.jpg

Tahoma font

tahoma1.jpg

tahoma2.jpg

tahoma3.jpg

CONCLUSION

I wish ColorOS give us option to install the font of our choice system wide. But until this feature is added, the above two methods can be used to customise the fonts. The fonts you apply will be changed system wide in all applications.