UID

Creators Team Member

Candy

「ColorOS Fantasy」 "Oppo Share" Vs "Nearby Share"

View:6100    Reply:6 | Posted at 8-9-2020 11:51:07 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by BhaveshP at 8-9-2020 11:54

Hello ColorOS SuperFans,

INTRODUCTION

I have previously written about my experience with "Oppo Share" that is the file transfer system between two Oppo devices. Recently Google has launched similar feature called "Nearby Share" which enables peer-to-peer file transfer between any two Android devices. I also tested it out. In this article I will be comparing both of them with advantages and disadvantages of each one.

0.jpg

1.jpg

AVAILABILITY

"Oppo Share" is available for Oppo, Vivo, Realme and Xiaomi devices only. While "Nearby Share" is available for all Android device with Android 6.0 + version. It works on all devices manufactured by any company. "Nearby Share" wins here.

2.jpg

SERVICES REQUIRED

"Oppo Share" requires only Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to be turned on. While "Nearby Share" requires location services in addition to the above two. So I like "Oppo Share" here.

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

EASE OF USE

Both are very easy to use and with similar features. So that's a tie here.

UI

"Oppo Share" uses simple dialog box like this.
"Nearby Share" uses popup like this. This feels more modern & easy to use. Also this feature is built by Google team, it is robust & will get updates in the future. "Nearby Share" wins here.

3.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

5b.jpg

5c.jpg

DETAILS OF RECEIVING FILE

"Oppo Share" does not show the file name you are receiving while "Nearby Share" shows you to the filename. So that we can know which file is being sent or received. And from that we can decide to accept or reject the file transfer.

5d.jpg

SECURE CONNECTION

"Oppo Share" doesn't mention about the security of connection while "Nearby Share" shows secure connection ID.

FILE SIZE OR TRANSFER SPEED

Neither of them shows the size of the file or the transfer speed or the remaining time. I hope these will be added in later in future update.

RECEIVED FILE LOCATION

"Oppo Share" saves the file in the Phone Storage > "Oppo Share" folder. It creates some folders like pictures, videos et cetera for different type of files. "Nearby Share" saves the received file in the Download folder. Which I think is an advantage because we can manage files easily from there without clutter of more folders to manage.

6.jpg

CUSTOMIZATION

There are no settings in "Oppo Share". Your device name will be shown to the receiver. In "Nearby Share", there are some settings: you can change the device name, you can set your device visibility to hidden or contacts only.

7.jpg

7a.jpg

7b.jpg

CONCLUSION

I love using "Oppo Share" for sharing file between my Oppo devices. But "Nearby Share" is also a viable option for the same functionality. And if the other mobile is of other brand not supported by "Oppo Share", "Nearby Share" is the only option available for you for file transfer. "Nearby Share" has some nice user interface and privacy features. I wish "Oppo Share" will be updated in the future with the the similar feature set as "Nearby Share".

8.jpg

Thanks for reading my article, Follow me on @BhaveshP

VISHAL VERMA

UID

Candy

Gold ideaCommunity moderatorBeta 5.0

Posted at 23-9-2020 23:13:54 | Display all floors
Nice information

Comments

BhaveshP: Thanks!  Posted at 24-9-2020 06:30
VISHAL VERMA
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 27-9-2020 03:06:27 FromCPH1969Mobile phone | Display all floors
Oppo.11pro
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 27-9-2020 06:38:51 FromA1601Mobile phone | Display all floors
Oppof1s
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 27-9-2020 06:39:08 FromA1601Mobile phone | Display all floors
Oppof1s
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 29-9-2020 22:31:29 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
Hyy
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 30-9-2020 08:57:27 FromCPH1803Mobile phone | Display all floors
เก้บลูอม
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top