UID

Photo Club Member

Candy

HalloweenBeta 5.0

「ColorOS Interview #2」An Interview with Expert - ColorOS

View:179260    Reply:25 | Posted at 21-10-2020 14:16:43 | Display all floors | Copy
Hello ColorOSian,

My name is Amit Tiwari and I hope you all are doing good and staying safe. Well I’m a big fan of ColorOS and also I’m the member since last 3 years. This journey was not that easy but there are few ColorOS Officials who made it easy for me.

Watch the full insight video of the interview:

It was a long time request from many of the FANs that they want to meet the people behind ColorOS: The developers. And ColorOS Community team made it possible. Recently One of ColorOS Big FAN got this chance to take interviewed OPPO Camera Expert Mr. Nitin Setia. If you’ve missed it you can find it in the ColorOS Community.

This excites me to get a similar chance, and ColorOS Community team made it once again and today I am here in the 2nd episode of this new column of ColorOS Community.

Piyush: Hello Everyone, first of all I thank everyone for taking the time to talk to us today. I'm sure this will help many of our new FANs who are joining ColorOS Community and  have questions related to ColorOS Features. We as Admins always strive to acknowledge all the queries raised by our FANS. Here are some of the glimpse of the interview held between one of our FAN and ColorOS Features R&D Expert. So lets get into it.
Abhishek: On request from many Community FANs to meet the the developers, we discussed the idea with Indian developers about it. They were to excited to meet the people for whom they are putting all their efforts.

Considering this pandemic, we initiated an online interview session of Developers by ColorOS FANs.
1st episode was on one of the most popular topic 'Camera'. To continue, we have another topic which is 'ColorOS' itself. We have invited Mr. Manoj - Head ColorOS India R&D, to answer FANs questions.

Amit an old, loyal ColorOS FAN is with us, who will ask several questions to Manoj on behalf of all ColorOS FANs.

Welcome Manoj, Welcome Amit!!
Amit: Welcomed Mr. Manoj for joining. ! I can’t believe I interviewed him. First I want to  So before we started I requested him to share, like how our ColorOS Team is working even in this pandemic time? What is the strength of people behind making every Impossible to possible?
Mr. Manoj: This is a very challenging time specially for ColorOS team. Because there are many teams working under ColorOS such as, marketing team, developing team, QA team and there are various other teams and many stack holders who are involved in making ColorOS reality. We are working remotely specially in India. ColorOS were we develop lot of Innovation, that requires lot of ideation, researches, we also conduct lot of workshop. A person to person interaction is very important, yes it’s  challenging but now we have shifted to online and adopted the virtual reality and team are collaborating in the same way, even for our user research last year we went to Lucknow, Jaipur and  many other cities in India. But this year we have shifted our user research online, that’s how we are adopting the change.

photo_2020-10-21_16-33-33.jpg

1. Launching new features is not an easy task or work of few months. It need a big planning and team work. So how our ColorOS Team do it?

Building a new feature is always challenging, but ColorOS team love challenges. One of the ColorOS philosophy is we are user Oriented. It’s very important whatever idea we are incorporating in ColorOS are backed by solid user insight. What excites us most is that you will create something which will be used by millions of users across the globe. It’s very challenging specially in ColorOS 11 and I’m very proud of it.

2. How the ColorOS Team come with new ideas?

I’ll like to explain in brief how Ideation works here. If we look at the current situation there are two approaches.
The first one is In-house innovation, in this we have a team of engineers, Product managers, researchers and user feedback It all starts with the problem statements and with the focus areas. Because the technology is evolving quickly our user feedback team is keeping the track of latest trends. We do a lot of study, and it’s not for a specific time period, it’s an ongoing process. We extract lots of information from those users and study it for our in-house research when we’re developing something from in-house. We have a dedicated team of product managers and stats holders who come together and discuss those ideas. We have a very open culture when it comes to the product team and few of us are debating about those ideas. Let’s say I have got my own idea and I’m very attached to it, but at the end of the day, we select the idea which the users will love. And there is an internal discussion, a complete conversation, where an idea moves from one point to a concept. Then it goes to POC State, then we experience the features and from there we have selection from there the best of best ideas move forward. 2nd thing is Co develop partners, we have a very good bond with Google and we can see it with the three finger translate feature. This is how these 2 channel plays and important role in creating Ideas.

photo_2020-10-21_16-33-40.jpg

3. How ColorOS Team manage the suggestions from our users? Does all suggestions for new features read by team personally?

Yes , definitely ! Users feedbacks is very important for us. We get a free advice and a desire or required advice from our users and these are very valuable information. When it comes to us it comes in a structure format and then it goes to our users feedback team and product managers. For example, if we get suggestions for the home screen product manager goes through the feedbacks very carefully. Even I personally go through many of the user feedbacks and I really learn a lot from those feedbacks. I may get Bias being an Engineer for my ideology that I know the technology better. But as a engineer I can create invention I can’t create innovation. The biggest thing come from overseas users into our market was OS upgrade should be there. These was the very big concern for us few years back. But I’d we look to ColorOS we were the first smartphone company to launch the ColorOS 11 and Android 11 at same day. Let me tell you these things has come from our users and our users are very demanding and we have to make it better.

4. The OPPO smartphone already come with 6gb and 8gb Ram and adding a feature like Hyperboost Technology is like increasing the performance of smartphone. Why there was need or idea of Hyperboost?

I think this is a very good question. If we look to smartphone evaluation hardware specs are very important but it’s not that until you make a software which can utilize that hardware. It’s very important to make the good mix of Hardware and Software which can give most desire performance to our users. Nowadays people are playing more game and do multitasking. We did Research on games and i was part of it. Games are becoming more graphics oriented and we also have to evolve according to that or else we will be left behind in user satisfaction. We launched Hypervisor Technology to improve the software part so that it can match up our hardware performance and user don’t feel lag,  just a smooth and light experience so in order to meet these things we created HyperBoost Technology.

photo_2020-10-21_16-33-26.jpg

5. When we talk about charging technology OPPO with ColorOS are Ranking 1st in it. Launching the new feature like Super Power Saving Mode brought it to another level. What’s your view on this?

OPPO is a clear leader in charging Technology. When we see the battery it has become very critical in last few years. Even if we talk about market like India, people watch lot of videos and because of free data people are consuming lot of battery or charging. What to do about it? The sudden demand in market for battery life because the young generation are not just watching , they are creating videos  as well and uploading it too. Battery become very critical and we ask ourselves how do we support these need?
There are32 aspect of the battery- 1. Can you increase the size ? But there is a limitations to it.
2nd is can we charge our battery faster that will be great. 3rd thing is, for example if you have 4000 mAh battery can we bring a software renovation, which can effectively use that 4000 mAh in your battery. We are the undoubtedly the leader in these parts. We are slightly lacking behind in how we effectively utilize that battery a software that can use it all. And that is the reason why we created Super charging and super saving mode.

6. What is the most toughest thing while creating a new feature?

I think this is the very tricky question. As such for ColorOS there is nothing toughest, we are tougher than our tough problems. Yes, there are multiple challenges, whenever you are creating something new you are bound to have challenges. The biggest challenge which we face is when we start developing feature as engineer, as product manager, as user researchers we can get emotional towards our idea or Creation. I won’t say it’s the difficult part but it’s challenging to select the best because we have a great team of engineers, product manager and user researchers who work hard to develop these features. But obviously we cannot take it all ye we cannot have it all, we must go for the best something which is supported by everyone. It’s hard to choose the best one and that’s the most challenging part I think.

Picture55.png

7. What’s the top most feature that ColorOS give a special attention to?

See they all are creations of ColorOS team and they all are equal to us. We have no favoritism; all features are important to us infact the features which could not make into ColorOS11 even they are near to us. So, I would say we love all these features equally and we are passionate about each feature. It’s hard to pick one feature out of all extraordinary features.

8. When we talk about ColorOS 11, we all think it’s a one night decision. But seeing the features like All Round Customization and OPPO Relax 2.0 it took many month. How was the journey from day 1 to till launching?

I think it’s a very good question, you know we raised our bar in ColorOS 7. We received positive feedback for ColorOS 7. The first challenge, when we were planning a journey for ColorOS 11 was we have to launch it on the same day with Android 11 because users are demanding it. Through out journey why it difficult? Because when you have raised a bar you have to beat that bar again. In ColoroOS 6 it was first time users set their expectations, 7 was little high in expectations and OS 11 has many expectations from our users. We understood it that we must do better than what we did last year. One of the theme from which we wanted to inspire our users was CUSTOMIZATION for the OS 11. There is lot of customization which empower users. It was a very interesting journey I must say.

9. I still remember OPPO with ColorOS assured it’s users to experience the Android 11 first. And it’s the fastest and second brand to have Android 11. What’s your view on this big achievement?

Picture2.png

We are really proud of these achievements, from 321 days to launching it on same day. There were many challenges, but we feel proud to address the important user demand from the market.

10. ColorOS 11 has given the users to show their creativity by Customization. What’s your view?

While doing our research, the youngsters our users they are not passive consumers, just like you will show them, and they’ll watch and be happy. What we called them basically is Active Creators. Our users OPPO users are not passive consumer, they are Active Creators. They have their our style, their own personality. The philosophy behind customization is we need to provide our users tools and technology through which they can create. These demands came from many feedbacks from our OS 11.

11. What’s the reason behind giving 3 options of Dark Mode?

This what our users are demanding which we are giving them. They need everything as per their style, look, personality which they really like. You can say these is the result of Customization Philosophy.

Picture70.png

12. From 3 finger screenshot to 3 finger Translate, it’s so innovative feature and very helpful for our ColorOS users. What’s your view?

Three Finger Screenshot is one of my favorite features and it is loved by our all users we know that. So it’s very important if our users are loving that feature, we need to enhance it. This is how we celebrated the features, by adding more value to the feature, by making it more useful which our users are loving. It’s our duty to add more values to loveable features.

13. There are many features ColorOS has launched, what’s your favorite or suggestion on the best feature. And what we can expect in upcoming time from ColorOS?

3 finger Screenshot is one the favorite because I read a lot. I read a lot of articles a lot of books and I share them.2nd is super power saving mode which I use. There are host of features I use but these 2 which I indicated are which directly come into my mind.

This is how I ended my interview with our chief guest Mr. Manoj. But wait there was something that @Abhi-ColorOS  mentioned in the video something special and unknown information of our Indian developer team and Mr. Manoj. Do watch the interview till last and find out what is that information and mention it in the comment section. You can also give your suggestions and topic for next episode.

photo_2020-10-21_16-33-57.jpg

I really thank to @Ada-ColorOS , @Abhi-ColorOS and @PiyushRana  for this great opportunity.  So guys even you can get this golden chance to interview the OPPO and ColorOS Experts. Join the community and show your love towards ColorOS by helping them in growing. There are many ways you can be a part of ColorOS like, your photography, unboxing, technical review and many more. So join us today and get a chance to interview the Expert and also to get exciting prizes.  

So now here we will wrap up our interview session here. Thank you everyone for joining this conference/interview, stay home and stay safe.

Have a good day!

UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 23-10-2020 13:34:55 FromCPH1931Mobile phone | Display all floors
Hi good

Comments

Amit_T: Thank you   Posted at 24-10-2020 06:09
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 23-10-2020 15:54:58 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
Versions
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 23-10-2020 15:55:05 FromCPH1909Mobile phone | Display all floors
Versions
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 23-10-2020 19:35:59 FromA37fwMobile phone | Display all floors
Nice

Comments

Amit_T: Thank you   Posted at 24-10-2020 06:08
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 24-10-2020 07:59:57 FromCPH1937Mobile phone | Display all floors
Good

Comments

Amit_T: Thank you  Posted at 27-10-2020 13:35
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 24-10-2020 08:00:06 FromCPH1937Mobile phone | Display all floors
Nice
UID

Lv2.Plastic

Candy
Posted at 24-10-2020 21:14:41 FromCPH1803Mobile phone | Display all floors
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 24-10-2020 22:42:19 FromCPH1937Mobile phone | Display all floors
Ok
UID

Lv3.Crystal

Candy

Beta 5.0

Posted at 24-10-2020 22:42:25 FromCPH1937Mobile phone | Display all floors
Good

Comments

Amit_T: Thank you  Posted at 27-10-2020 13:35
123>
Return to list
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2020 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top