UID

Creators Team Member

Candy

「ColorOS Skills」 Customising The Always-On-Display: My Secret Trick

View:3187    Reply:0 | Posted at 11-11-2020 19:12:46 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by BhaveshP at 11-11-2020 19:55

Hello ColorOS SuperFans!

INTRODUCTION

Oppo phones with OLED display has an option of displaying clock, date, battery and notifications even when the display is off. This feature is called always-on-display and it is very useful for at a glance view. In ColorOS 7, you can only select from various clock styles, there are no advanced customisation options. But in ColorOS 11, you now have the ability to customise the always-on-display to your heart's content.

Aside from the options given for customisation, I have find out a new secret trick. I hope you will like it.

ALWAYS-ON-DISPLAY CUSTOMISATION

1.jpg

As you can see, you can select your style from text only, text and image, analog or digital clock. You will get hang of it by using it once. It is very easy to customise.
In ColorOS 11, there are kaleidoscope type designs which you can also customise by drawing on the screen. But I don't like them because they animate every time I lock the screen and distracts me.

2.jpg

3.jpg

WHICH ALWAYS ON DISPLAY STYLE I USE?

I use emoji in "text only" AOD style. Here's how...

7.jpg

First go to "text only" style.

4.jpg

In the "enter text" box, just type an emoji which you like.

5.jpg

Make text size the biggest, character spacing and line spacing 0. This makes the emoji bigger.

6.jpg

It looks very nice as an always-on-display.

8.jpg

select emoji according to your mood.

9.jpg

Select emoji according to the upcoming event or festival to go into the festive mood.

10.jpg

11.jpg

If you are a cat lover...

12.jpg

You can also change the date and time colour to match the emoji colour. For example, here I have changed the colour to blue-brown gradient for matching the Saturn emoji.

13.jpg

CONCLUSION

As there are hundreds of emojis, you can select any one according to your mood and your situation. In this way, the always-on-display customisation is is endless! And that's how I use it. Hope this helps.