UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy

[ColorOS Photo Story] Republic Day Photography

View:904    Reply:3 | Posted at 29-1-2021 13:32:28 | Display all floors | Copy
Photography, to me, is catching a moment which is passing, and which is true.

Hello ColorOs Family,

My name is Sumedh Joshi. Today i am going to share with you the pictures i have clicked on Republc Day!

Hope you all like it.

So lets get started...

In this article im going to share with you how you can click people and,
also how you can capture those candid moments of the people
  • Importance of the Day : -

We celebrated 72 Republic Day all over India with great gratification and joy. Its a day to honour the Constitution of independent India. National flag hoisting in schools and colleges are regular. Cultural events advocating India’s struggle for freedom is held countrywide.

As you know for Republic Day flag hoisting is done early morning. To capture the best moments of this special day you have to go to a ground or any special place where there will be Parade, and perfect celebration of Republic day !

IMG_20210129_102639.jpg
                        I was so happy that i got this image i was just searching for a perfect candid moment and then i saw this guy clicking pictures of Flag, so instead of asking him i directly went towards him and clicked this shot. If you are clicking photos in such event you need to be fast and always you have to keep searching for the best moment so that you can capture it and showcase it through the photo.
  • Candid Photography :-

The key to capturing great candids is to be as unobtrusive as possible. Like a scientist affects their environment no matter how hard they try not to, a photographer affects their subjects. For the shutterbug, this means that people tend to clench up or put on their "camera faces" and fake smiles when a lens is pointed their way.

The best candids, require the photographers to plan their shots. . Look and feel out interesting spots and that tells a whole story. What elements make it unique? Can this picture tell a story or this picture will make people feel the moment just by seeing it ?

Answering this questions will make you click best candid photos, and once you do it you will surely love it. Street photography is all about candid photography, it is all about how you capture Raw emotions of people and how you potray it.
IMG_20210129_102603.jpg
                        This photo totally justify the name Candid Photography. I came up with this three girls clicking selfie and i purposely made the composition in such a way that there will be republic decoration in the background which will highlight and make people understand that this Republic day celebration.
  • Start Asking : -

Most of the people fear to ask people wether they can click there photo or not. The reason they fear is because they can get rejected, what at the top can happen is the person will say No. If you are being rejected by a person then just move on you get many more opportunities in the near Future.
                         After months of experience in street photography i have learned that if you don not start asking people to pose then you will be missing out many beautful pictures. I have also got rejected many times also some people even shout at me. If they dont want you  to click then just dont click the picture.
IMG_20210129_102704.jpg
                       I saw that Father and Daughter were talking and after looking at the girl and the Flag she was carrying i knew if i will be able to get this shot then it will be the best of all and i wanted this in any case. So i went towards her Father and kindly asked him wether i can click pictures of her carrying flag and the Father was so happy that he even told his Daughter how to pose and then i got this beautiful shot.
                     If in case i didnt asked the father for this photo due to fear of rejectionthen just see i would have missed such a beautiful shot .
IMG_20210129_102651.jpg
                         As i went ahead i saw group of Ladies officer talking and i went towards them asked if i can get a portrait of theirs looking up in the sky towards the flag. And the answer i received was yes and i got down on the ground and purposey took this shot so that there will be republic day decoration in the background. Start asking from now or else you will miss many .
  •   Photograph People Doing things :-

Images of people doing things tend to be much more interesting than people sitting passively doing nothing. For one your subject will be focussed upon something which adds energy to a photo (and takes their focus off you) but it also puts them in context and adds an element of story to your image.

Timing is everything in Candid shots so wait until they are distracted from you and fully focussed upon what they are doing or who they are with and you’ll inject a feeling into your shots of them being unaware and that the viewer of your image is looking on unseen.

IMG_20210129_102713.jpg
                      So i saw this cute little guy posing for a photo which was been clicked by his father and i took advantage of this moment and clicked this shot .
IMG_20210129_102554.jpg
                          For this you need to click such candids that will be in action or in a moment which will also describe the purpose of the event. I so loved this shot as this cute little was caught in action by me while he was waving Flag.
  • Leaving Nothing Behind :-

As the title suggest you should not leave nothing behind for example as i was covering the Republic Day event my plan was to cover every activity happening related to the event.

I saw this cycle riders while i was busy searching for any moments or any story i could capture and i was lucky i saw this .
IMG_20210129_102750.jpg                     
                               Just look at the energy and the excitement at everyones face this is what every photographer is craving for to capture the best moment.
IMG_20210129_102811.jpg
                              Try to capture every moment so that you will be able to express it towards your audience easily.
Guys, lets keep this for today.
Hoping our users loved this article please show your love towards me by sending candies.
Stay tuned to forum for more useful tips.
Do follow for more ColorOS article.
Follow me on instagram [url=https://www.instagram.com/the_photofactory24/?hl=en]the_photofactory24[/url] for intresting photos!
Once again thanks for your continuos love towards ColorOS.
Awesome articles coming soon. Stay tuned for that till then see you. Have a great day.
@Zaki1203 Thanks for being my mentor...

UID

Creators Team Member

Candy
Posted at 29-1-2021 14:10:05 | Display all floors
Amazing, all photos are natural & spontaneous!

VISHAL VERMA

UID

Candy

Gold ideaCommunity moderatorBeta 5.0

Posted at 29-1-2021 14:54:19 FromMobile phone | Display all floors
Amazing
UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy
Posted at 30-1-2021 08:23:52 | Display all floors
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2021 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top