UID

Pre-Photo Club Member

Candy

[ColorOS Know How] How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages to Telegram

View:1285    Reply:0 | Posted at 12-2-2021 22:51:53 | Display all floors | Copy
This post was edited by Arsh_Chohan at 12-2-2021 23:14

Hello ColorOs Family,

My name is A.S Chohan. Today I am going to share a full tutorial about How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages to Telegram.

Main.jpg
WhatsApp's recent update to its privacy policy has resulted in a lot of WhatsApp users migrating to other best messaging apps.
Telegram is one such app and you can now export your WhatsApp chats to Telegram which was added by telegram after the recent update. This means that when you switch to Telegram from WhatsApp, you won’t lose any of your chats. Due to this update Telegram become the most downloaded app globally in January, while Signal continues to grow solid amid the privacy concerns sitting comfortably at third position.

Here's are the steps on how to move your WhatsApp chats to Telegram.

111.jpg
Step 1 - Creating an Account on Telegram

Telegram is available on all leading platforms including Android and many others. You can sign up for a Telegram account after installing the app on the platform of your choice. Registering an account on Telegram requires an active phone number and you will have to verify your phone number during the account creation process. Once you verify the number, you can add your name and get started.

college 1.png

college 2.png

Step 2 - Migrate Personal & Group Chats to Telegram

Migrating chats from WhatsApp to Telegram is simple but it needs to be done one chat at a time as currently telegram only supports one by one chat. The following steps need to be followed:

1. Users must open WhatsApp

2. Open a contact's chat, tap on the three-dot menu > More > Export chat.

3. After that, from the share menu, users must click on Telegram

4.  And select Telegram from the share window > Find the contact on Telegram > Import.

5. In the same way discussed above for personal chat, you can also export the WhatsApp Group chat. Users just need to open the group they want to export messages from and tap on More-> Export Chat. You can now specify if you want to include media using the ‘Include media’ option.

college 3.png
College 4.png

Note: All the users have to keep in mind that the migration of chats from WhatsApp to Telegram needs to be done carefully, as Telegram does not map the phone numbers or contacts from WhatsApp to Telegram. This means that while exporting a chat always select the correct user. This needs to be done because if the wrong person's contact is selected, the entire chat would be transferred to that contact, leaving a private conversation vulnerable and accessible to a third party.

Verdict:
Telegram clearly has an edge when it comes to the sheer number of features it offers. Combined with the power of cloud chats, Telegram lets you seamlessly continue your conversations across devices without breaking a sweat. If you’re wondering how Telegram compares to WhatsApp and Signal.

Image Credit: All the images shown here in this article are photos and screenshots taken on my device but all the rights are reserved for Google Play Store & their original creators.

Guys let's keep this for today.
Hoping our users loved this article please show your love towards me by sending candies.
Stay tuned to the forum for more useful tips.
Do follow for more ColorOS article.

Once again thanks for your continuous love towards ColorOS.
Awesome articles coming soon. Stay tuned for that till then see you. Have a great day.

@Zaki1203 Thanks for being my mentor...

A.S Chohan
You cannot reply without login Login | Register Now!

Point rules of this section

ColorOS Home/ColorOS Twitter/ColorOS Facebook/OPPO Home
2005-2021 OPPO copyright (Copyright@2013-2019 coloros.com, All Rights Reserved)
回复 Return to list Back to top